- This topic is empty.
January 2, 2023 at 11:56 am #592Styles maccalParticipant
How to conveniently perform 301 redirection using WordPress . Additionally highlight the top WordPress redirect plugins.January 2, 2023 at 3:08 pm #604Amy JoeParticipant
So 301 is basically when someone visits the site by using an old link to the page that has moved, a 301 redirect will automatically take the user to the new page. In this way, the user does not see a 404 ‘page not found’ error. This provides a better user experience.
There are a number of redirection plugins available both Free & Pro Versions. Now below is the method of Installing the redirection plugin :
Log into WordPress Dashboard. Navigate to Plugins > Add New.
Type Redirection into the search bar. Click Install > Activate.
Now to create the 301 redirects in the WordPress Redirection Plugin check the below-mentioned steps :
1. Navigate to Tools > Redirection.
2. In the “Add new redirection section”, enter the old URL you want to redirect in the Source URL field.
3. Enter the new URL you want to redirect to in the Target URL field.
4. For Group, click the drop-down menu and choose a group. In our tests, we selected Redirections.
5. Click Add Redirect to save the 301 redirects.
Hope this answer will be helpful for you while working on redirection using WordPress Plugin.March 14, 2023 at 11:13 am #1376KarenParticipant
How to update .htaccess to add 301 redirects in WordPress?March 14, 2023 at 11:52 am #1391Devin WilliamsParticipant
The most effective way to set up the 301 redirects for domain migration is using your WordPress site’s .htaccess file. You can create page-level redirection using the .htaccess file.
1. Log in to Cpanel, After login into cpanel dashboard You will see File manager click on File Manager.
2. After clicking on File Manager, you can see the .htaccess in the root folder of your website.
3. Before editing anything, create a backup of your site.
4. Now click on .htaccess and click on edit.
5. Popup will show
6. In the popup you will update the code snippet which you want to update.
7. At last you will update the URL of your website which will redirect.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.