- This topic is empty.
February 20, 2023 at 5:36 am #1042Amy JoeParticipant
With the help of WooCommerce Services how merchant can provide support internationally.February 20, 2023 at 1:27 pm #1139Mark JaquithParticipant
WooCommerce offers a variety of features and extensions that can help support international shipping and handling taxes. Here are a few options:
- Shipping Zones: WooCommerce allows you to set up shipping zones based on geographic regions, such as countries or states. Within each zone, you can configure shipping methods and rates based on factors like weight, destination, and order value.
- Shipping Classes: If you offer products that require different shipping methods or rates (e.g., fragile items or oversized items), you can assign them to different shipping classes. This allows you to set up shipping rules that apply to specific products or groups of products.
- Tax Settings: WooCommerce allows you to set up tax rates based on the customer’s location, as well as the product’s tax class and tax status. You can also configure tax settings for shipping and handling fees.
- Currency Converter: If you sell products in multiple currencies, you can use WooCommerce’s currency converter to display prices and totals in the customer’s preferred currency.
- Third-Party Extensions: There are a variety of third-party extensions available for WooCommerce that can help support international shipping and taxes, such as multi-currency payment gateways and address validation services.
Overall, WooCommerce provides a flexible and customizable platform for managing international shipping and handling taxes. However, it’s important to do your research and configure your settings carefully to ensure compliance with local regulations and to provide a good customer experience.March 1, 2023 at 12:44 pm #1259Mark JaquithParticipant
Why is WooCommerce not charging tax on shipping?March 2, 2023 at 4:53 am #1263ChristopherParticipant
This is caused by the Automated Taxes setting within the Shipping and Tax plugin. This setting takes over from any of the tax settings you may have in your core WooCommerce installation and disables many of them. You can find this setting at WooCommerce > Settings > Tax.
To help find out why taxes aren’t being calculated, you can enable Logging at WooCommerce > Status > WooCommerce Shipping & Tax. Add an item to your cart, enter an address at checkout, and then check the log for information.
For further assistance, you can reach the WooCommerce support team
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.