› Forums › WordPress/WooCommerce › How to update all products with same SKU prefixes when updating stock with CSV?
- This topic is empty.
February 9, 2023 at 4:32 am #1003ChristopherParticipant
How can I make it to update all products with the same SKU prefixes when updating stock data in CSV format?February 9, 2023 at 1:48 pm #1015ElianaParticipant
Updating product stocks can be challenging when you’re moving your store and importing products. When you have to update the stock of hundreds or even thousands of products, you should be quite concerned. Before the CSV file is imported, our Product Import Export Plugin for WooCommerce offers a quick and easy method for adjusting the product stock levels.
Understanding the existing product stock is the first step. Check the Manage stock option in the product data meta-box of each product whose stock has to be updated to accomplish this. Additional options will display the product’s stock level and backorder choice.
The stock in the CSV file needs to be updated next. Update the stock value for the products that need to be changed in the CSV column header for product stock. Create a new column with the name stock in the CSV file if there isn’t one already, then edit the values for the product stock column.
Changing the stock value: If the current product stock value is 10 and you change it to 20 after importing, the new product stock value will be 20. Adding to existing stock: To update the product stock, prefix the stock value with a (+) sign. If you add (+)5 to an existing product stock value of 10, your updated product stock after importing will be 15.
Reducing the stock value: To update the product stock, use a (-) sign before the stock value. If the current value of the product stock is 10, change it to (-)5, and the updated product stock after importing will be 5.
Select Update under the following option: Update the stock of existing products in your store if the product is available.
After that, click Import to begin the product import. In the product data meta-box of the product edit settings for the modified product, you may view the updated stock.March 29, 2023 at 1:06 pm #1558SophiaParticipant
How can I efficiently manage inventory for products with different units of measurement?March 29, 2023 at 1:08 pm #1559Mark JaquithParticipant
Managing inventory for products with different units of measurement can be challenging, but there are several strategies that can help:
- Convert all units of measurement to a common unit: To make it easier to manage inventory, you can convert all units of measurement to a common unit, such as grams or ounces. This will enable you to compare and track inventory levels across all products.
- Use an inventory management system with unit conversion capabilities: Many inventory management systems have built-in features that can convert units of measurement. This can save time and reduce errors when managing inventory.
- Standardize your product catalog: Standardizing your product catalog can help ensure that all products are listed with the same units of measurement. This can make it easier to manage inventory and reduce confusion.
- Train staff on unit conversions: If you have staff who are responsible for managing inventory, it’s important to train them on how to convert units of measurement. This can help reduce errors and ensure that inventory levels are accurate.
- Monitor inventory levels regularly: Finally, it’s important to monitor inventory levels regularly to ensure that you have enough stock on hand to meet demand. By keeping a close eye on inventory levels, you can avoid stockouts and overstocking.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.